Today started off with me in a dark cloud. I was not sure why though I guessed lack of sleep was the primary concern, having been woken up again at 5 AM by Isaac. I thought about those less fortunate like my friend whose brother died in a freak accident or my friends who learned their unborn baby has Trisomy 18. But not surprisingly, thinking of other’s misfortune does not actually cheer you up.
Ji Seon, Isaac and Victoria stayed home sick while I took Dylan in my bike trailer. At church my plan was to only make the courtesy gestures, sit alone during worship and then come home quickly. But maybe God didn’t like that plan because he had someone sit beside me, Dan whose wife was also at home sick.
I did not really cheer up until I came home when Isaac and Victoria greeted us with hellos. Somehow that dispelled the dark clouds. And that would be the first thing I am grateful for today.
- I am grateful that Isaac and Victoria cheered me up when we returned from church.
- I am grateful that Isaac and I were able to take a nap this afternoon.
- I am grateful that Ji Seon got a break this afternoon while I stayed with the kids and that they seemed to have a pretty good time.
- I am grateful that Ji Seon’s parents and brother arrived home safely in Seattle.
- I am grateful that the kids got to video chat with Ilene back in Arlington.
- I am grateful for God’s grace, it’s always there, never runs out.