In today’s sermon Pastor David Chae encouraged us to increase our spiritual appetite. He asked us to write down five things that we are grateful for that day and give thanks to God for those things. At the end of 14 days he challenges us to see if our spiritual appetite has not increased from doing this exercise.
So here we go on day 1.
- Today Ji Seon got together with the other women from the cell group for a day out. They had lunch together, hung out, and then had dinner together. I am grateful that Ji Seon has a group of women friends that she is becoming closer to.
- I am grateful that today while Ji Seon was out I was able to take care of the children without incident. The last two times we did this I lost my patience at the end. Fortunately there was another small group meeting to make things easier for me.
- I am grateful that I am becoming closer to my children. Dylan actually kissed me, without encouragement at all, right on the lips when I was holding him on my lap at the movie theater. Or maybe because it was dark he thought I was Ji Seon.
- I am grateful that though we have been here for a little more than a year many people have welcomed us into their lives and we have built up many friendships.
- I am grateful that fantasy basketball and real basketball (played tonight for the first time in a while) are enjoyable and that I did not get hurt.
Praise God for blessing me and my famiy.