This is from Pastor Greg Boyd’s blog. I added in links to all the Scripture references.
In response to one of my messages I told some folks I’d post a sampling I have of what the Bible says about our identity in Christ, so here it is. I encourage you to take each truth on this list and not only SAY it throughout the day, but SEE it and HEAR it and LIVE IN it. Be transformed by the renewing of your mind (Rom. 12:2).
In Christ you are …
- God’s beloved child (Jn 1:12; Eph 1:5)
- Christ’s dear friend (Jn 15:5)
- Declared perfectly righteous (“justified”) (Rom 5:1)
- Free from condemnation (Rom 8:1; Col 2:14-16)
- United with Christ, “one spirit” with Christ (I Cor 6:17; Eph 5:31)
- A member of Christ’s body (I Cor 6:15, 12:27)
- The Temple of God (I Cor 6:19)
- Filled with the “fullness of God” (Eph 3:19)
- A “holy one” [saint] (Eph 1:1)
- Blessed with every spiritual blessing (Eph 1:3)
- Holy and blameless (Eph 1:4)
- Bought with an infinite price and forgiven (I Cor 6: 20; Eph 1:7; Col 1:14)
- Bathed with wisdom and understanding (Eph 1:8)
- The recipient of an eternal, infinitely rich, inheritance (Eph 1:11, 18)
- Possessed with the mind of Christ (I Cor 2:16)
- Inseparable from God’s love (Rom 8:35-39)
- One who will NEVER be abandoned (Mt 28:20)
- The beautiful bride of Christ who “ravishes” the heart of God (Song of Songs, 4:1ff; 6:4ff).
- One over whom the Lord rejoices, sings and claps his hands (Zeph 3:17)
- One for whom the Lord throws a party (Zeph 3:17; Lk 15:7-10)
- A recipient of God’s own peace (Jn 14:27)
- Filled with the peace and joy of God (Rom 14:17)
- One in whom Christ’s joy is fulfilled (Jn 15:11)
- Given direct access to the Father by the Holy Spirit (Eph 2:18)
- Seated with Christ in heavenly realms (Eph 2:6)
- Seated “far above all rule and authority and power and dominion” with Christ (Eph 1:21).
- Hid in Christ in heavenly realms (Col 3:1-5)
- Crucified, Buried and Raised with Christ (Rom 6:1-11)
- Made perfect forever (Heb 10:14)
- Made complete in Christ (Col 2:10)
- Indwelled by a fearless Spirit (2 Tim 1:7)
- One of God’s precious works of art (Eph 2:10)
- Indwelt by a spirit of power, love and stability (2 Tim 1:7)
- A citizen of heaven (Phil 3:20)
- Predestined to look like Jesus and see him in his glory (Rom 8:29; I Jn 3:1-5)
- One in whom God is working to bring good out of evil (Rom 8:28)
- Salt of the earth (Mt 5:13)
- A branch chosen to bear fruit (Jn 15:16)
- A co-worker with God (I Cor 3:9)
- An ambassador of Christ and minister of reconciliation (2 Cor 5:17-20)
- A priest of the most high God (I Pet 2:5-9)
- More than a conqueror in all things (Rom 8:37)
- One who knows Satan is a disarmed laughing stock (Col 2:14-15).
- One who knows the truth and is set free (Jn 8:32).
- One who can do all things in Christ (Phil 4:13)
I encourage you to reprogram your mind meditating on these truths. Further help on being transformed by the mind can be found in Seeing Is Believing and (with Al Larsen) Escaping the Matrix.
Be Blessed !
Maybe I should try memorizing some of these verses. Want to join me in memorizing them?