Today is our 11th wedding anniversary. During church service instead of reflecting during communion I was talking to Ji Seon about when I first met her and how she still looks the same.
When I first met Ji Seon she was sitting in the back seat of my friend’s car while I was in the front seat. I was introduced to her but she didn’t believe my name was “Frank”. She was convinced I was “MJ”, another guy who happened to look like me. The second time we met she insisted on seeing my driver’s license. I was attracted to this spunky, irreverent college girl though a little scared that she’d be too tough for me.
That was thirteen years ago. Since then the following things have happened in our joint lives.
- We have had three children. Some people are insisting we have more.
- We have moved four times including one coast to coast move. We would prefer never moving again but Ji Seon knows I have a restless spirit.
- We have travelled to a few countries including Canada, Mexico, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand and many Caribbean islands.
- We have been to many weddings and are looking forward to many more. Ji Seon has been in the wedding party many times. Most of my friends are through Ji Seon.
- We have seen a few musicals. I remember taking Ji Seon to Rent and afterwards Ji Seon saying “Thank you.” and really meaning it. Ji Seon now tells me she actually liked Ragtime and Les Misérables more.
I wish we could say we spent the day celebrating our 11th wedding anniversary but we won’t be able to until later this week.